Born and raised in Scotland, Lara, who began her career in Public Relations, followed her passion for empowering people to find healing, contentment, and purpose by earning a graduate degree in Counseling at Northwestern University.
Outside of the therapy room, Lara revels in the chaos and beauty of family life. Her intercultural union with her husband from Cameroon adds an extra layer of richness to her life, blending cultures and families from three continents. Together, they navigate the joys and challenges of parenthood, which includes not only the pitter-patter of tiny human feet but also furry paws, thanks to their ever-enthusiastic canine companion.
Lara provides therapy to couples, individuals, and families in a non-judgmental and empathetic environment. She works with a variety of concerns and specializes in fertility, perinatal, postpartum, and early parenthood.
Her integrative and relational approach blends the wisdom of Psychodynamic Theory, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Emotional-Focused Therapy (EFT), and Relational Life Therapy (RLT). Having completed Gottman Levels I and II, Lara is an approved Gottman Connect provider who utilizes the research-based Gottman Relationship Checkup with couples.
- Couples, Families and Individuals (age 18+)
- Fertility-related Issues
- Perinatal and Postpartum
- New Motherhood and Parenthood
- Anxiety, Panic, and Stress
- OCD and Phobias
- Depression and Loneliness
- PTSD, Relational Trauma, and Healing Childhood Wounds
- Self-esteem, Self-worth, and Body Image
- Career Counseling and Work-life Balance
- Life Transitions and Fear of Change
- Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life
- Relationship Dynamics and Building Connections