Justena Kavanagh, LCSW-R
Justena is a native New Yorker but has lived throughout the United States and in a number of European countries. She speaks French, German, and Spanish, and enjoys kitesurfing, wakeboarding, skiing, tennis, yoga, meditation and, most of all, reading.
As a former journalist and management consultant, Justena gained insight into many aspects of human emotion and behavior. She also became increasingly aware that external markers of success do not always translate to inner contentment.
Justena understands that beginning therapy is not necessarily an easy decision, but believes that it can lead to profound change and a life richer in meaning, well-being, and satisfaction. Working with you, she will help you identify and transcend the behaviors and barriers that are holding you back, and empower you in your journey of self-discovery and fulfillment. Her clients are from all walks of life and include high-level executives, entrepreneurs, doctors, and artists.
If you are interested in seeing Justena, please contact us.
- Relationship and marital difficulties including:
– restoring trust and communication
– negotiating infidelity, separation and divorce
- Trust and communication issues
- Infertility, postpartum depression/anxiety and parenting support
- Depression, anxiety, and panic
- Substance use, abuse, and addiction
- Family, friends, and partners of alcoholics and narcissists
- Chronic illness and autoimmune disease
- Highly Successful Achievers, from Executives to Entrepreneurs
- Matching inner fulfilment to outward success